Thursday, September 27, 2007

Flickr!

Well, I've now finally gotten familiarized with Flickr, and I like it! My account is at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/14162549@N02/

The first thing I did was post my pictures from Dragon*con 2007, which I had on a CD. I wasn't sure if I could upload pictures that I had scanned myself, or if I was limited to just digital camera pix. But I was pleased to find that I could upload pix I scanned also. So I uploaded one of me with Dr. Demento from a few years ago. I looked all around the MRRL Flickr page, which was pretty neato, and then read the various articles and tutorials. I had fun with the tags and groups and overall I like how smooth and easy Flickr seems to be. I plan to use it quite a bit to share pictures with friends in the future. I still don't have a digital camera but I think I am finally ready to get one. Flickr is an excellent tool for libraries and many other organizations (as well as individuals, of course) to use for sharing pictures with the public. I will now see if I can upload one of my pictures into this blog.
Well, Blogger seems to be locked up tonight, so I will try again tomorrow....

No comments: